Thursday, October 25, 2018

Before year end -
use up your coverage!

There’s only about two months, or a little more than eight weeks before the end of the year! Can you believe it?

“NOW IS THE TIME for you to review the amount remaining in your 2018 insurance coverage, and pre-book your massage therapy appointments for November and December to ensure that you are utilizing the complete extent of your annual coverage,” stressed Debby MacKenzie, owner of Academy Massage Therapy. “It’s one of those ‘use it’ or ‘lose it’ situations, in which dollars not spent by the end of the year are gone, and you can’t get them back.”

“At Academy Massage Therapy our friendly and knowledgable front desk staff are happy to assist you with your private insurance policy,” she added.

Reminding clients to use all of the dollars which are annually allocated to them for massage therapy, through their insurance policy, is an important part of Debby’s work at this time of year.

“Fall reminders are necessary,” noted Debby. “Because from now until the end of the year - the number of obligations and responsibilities often more than double, as the holidays approach. And as we plan our activities with family and friends, we often forget about our selves, and what we need to do - to be in the best state - during this very busy time.”

“At Academy Massage, we have experience working with many different types of policies, coverage requirements and amounts,” Debby said.

Certain policies require a physician’s prescription prior to treatment. An insurer may request a deductible be paid to them prior to treatment. For example, if 80% of your massage therapy treatment is covered by your insurance provider, you may be required to pay the remaining 20% upfront.

All plans are very different in their coverage, and it is important that you are aware of the details of your particular plan.

Currently Academy Massage offers direct billing for many insurance companies, including:

  • Manitoba Blue Cross
  • Chamber of Commerce Group
  • Great West Life

“To find out if Academy Massage direct bills your insurance company, please call us to find out. We do have direct billing arrangement with many insurers,” Debby pointed out.
Please be aware that Academy Massage requires two business days prior to your massage appointment to create your profile for direct billing.


For your convenience, Academy Massage also provides the claim forms of a number of other insurance companies. You can print the appropriate form, fill it out and submit it to your provider for the appropriate refund.

The Co-operators
Green Shield
Group Medical Services
Industrial Alliance
Maximum Benefit

We look forward to helping you book your end of year massage therapy appointments. Book today, to ENSURE THAT YOUR PREFERRED TIMES ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOU!


Academy Massage Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment